Review: L'oreal Infallible Eyeshadow in Golden Emerald and Smoldering Plum

L'oreal Infallible Eyeshadow in Golden Emerald and Smoldering Plum 
L'Oreal came out with few new shades of Infallible eyeshadows! I love few of the original shades, so I had to pick these up. Golden Emerald and Smoldering Plum were my first two choices. I ended up getting Liquid Diamond after I got these but I haven't tested it yet. A review for that will be coming soon! :)


Smoldering Plum is very very dark plum. A blackened plum I would say. It's not too metallic like some other shades in the line. Also the shimmers are the same color as the base shadow, so the color is not too complex.

The shade is pigmented, and like others, it goes on best with fingers. It also blends best with fingers. This creased after 8 hours without a primer but that's with me crying my eyes out when I was chopping onions. Infallible shadows are the longest lasting eyeshadows for me but this one lasted slightly less than others in the line. One thing that disappointed me is that on eyes, it looks warm brown than plum. 

L'oreal Infallible Eyeshadow in Smoldering Plum

L'oreal Infallible Eyeshadow in Smoldering Plum

L'oreal Infallible Eyeshadow in Smoldering Plum
 The other one I got is Golden Emerald. It's grassy green metallic base with shimmers that flahses green and gold. This shade is more complex than Smoldering Plum. It shines much much more. When you swipe it on with your fingers, make sure you wipe off your fingers. Otherwise, shimmers will get everywhere. Speaking from experience. Lol. The shadow is not fallouty though!

This shade is even more pigmented than Smoldering Plum. Blends really nicely too but be careful so the shimmers get everywhere. It didn't crease until I took it off. Between the two, I think this shade performs better. :D

L'oreal Infallible Eyeshadow in Golden Emerald

L'oreal Infallible Eyeshadow in Golden Emerald

L'oreal Infallible Eyeshadow in Golden Emerald
 The swatches show the insane pigmentation of these shadows. Also that Golden Emerald is more metallic, shimmery, and complex shades. Unfortunately like I have mentioned, Smoldering Plum doesn't pull the same color as in swatches on my eyes.
L'oreal Infallible Eyeshadow in Golden Emerald and Smoldering Plum Swatches
I highly recommend Golden Emerald. I wouldn't recommend Smoldering Plum because it doesn't translate to same color on eyes. But quality of is not bad other than that. I actually love their qualities so much that I have a lot of these despite the fact that I hate using my fingers for makeup! There are other interesting shades in the line as well as new releases so I highly recommend checking these out! :D

Rating: A-

Comments