Review: Maybelline Luminous Lights Quad in Rose Lights

maybelline rose lights
Maybelline Expert Wear Luminous Lights Rose Lights
Impulse buy, this one. I totally fell for "buy this much and get this much in coupon." It's okay. I've been eyeing it for a bit. :)

The eyeshadow quad comes with base color, lid color, crease color, and liner color. In pan, the colors look like it would be logical to use the colors as they have labeled. They are all shimmery as they are supposed to be to brighten up the eyes. The base color (lightest one) is the most shimmery out of all of them. Base color is white. Lid color is pink beige with quite a bit of pink. Crease color is warm light brown with red tones. Liner shade is dark pink beige. In pan, liner color is lighter than the crease color. 

maybelline rose lights
Maybelline Expert Wear Luminous Lights Rose Lights
I am not too impressed with these shadows. The shadows are not too pigmented. I did assume that these were going to be sheer from the description and picture on the display but still too sheer. Once they're on the eyes, the lid color and the crease color look pretty much the same. The base shade and liner shade do look different. There are fall out with these but not too bad actually. Wearing time is pretty standard: 5-6 hours without creasing on me. I couldn't really tell if they faded because they pretty much look faded right from the get go. 

The thing that disappointed me the most is the texture. I thought they were going to be a sheer wash of color with lots of shine. They do shine a bit. But they look thick and powdery on the eyes. Kind of defeats the purpose. 
Please note that the shadows swatched much better than they performed on the eyes. Swatches look great actually. 

maybelline rose lights swatches
  Maybelline Expert Wear Luminous Lights Rose Lights Swatches

Overall, this is not the product I would recommend unless you want the little shine and not much payoff. They do brighten up the eyes subtly and wear fine. I am curious if the other quads in Luminous Lights line have better color payoff. Maybe I am feeling more disappointed and making it sound bad because I loved the concept. Lol. This was an average purchase. Not a total hit or miss. 

Price: 6.49 USD at drugstore.com
Weight: 0.17oz/4.8g
Rating: B

Comments