Review: Real Techniques Fine Liner Brush

real techniques brush
Real Techniques Fine Liner Brush
A very short review. A straight fine liner brushes are my brush type of choice for gel/cream eyeliners. I find that they really do the jobs themselves when I am drawing a thin line following the shape of my eyes. If you like creating shapes or do a thick line, an angled brush might work better for that. For my purposes, fine liner brushes work the best as I lay it sideways and drag it on top of my lashes.




But, the Real Techniques Fine Liner brush doesn't work for me at all. The synthetic bristles are pretty long and stiff. For drawing the line sideways, other brushes do much better. Even for using not laid down on top of my lashes but more with the end point, it would do much better if it was shorter. 

Other notes. The bristles are indeed fine (in thin sense). It keeps its shape well, and the brush is very light. The length of the handle is good. Not too long and not too short. 
RT liner brush
Real Techniques Fine Liner Brush
I think the design of the brush given the qualities of the bristles is not helpful. For me, it needs to be flimsier or shorter. Also it's likely to spring back if you apply some pressure on the bristles. Hello, intended liner mess up on the lid! Maybe I am hating on it too much. But I really don't even mind the brushes that don't do the work for me. But this really works against me. It's a bit too fine for pin point concealing but it might do for that job! 

Rating: C+


Comments