Review: Royal & Langnickel Silk Pro Complexion Brush BC185

royal complexion brush
Royal & Langnickel Silk Pro Complexion Brush BC185 
Here's another brush I like to use for foundation. Love!

Royal & Langnickel Silk Pro Complexion Brush is a dense, flattened, short brush with white goat hair. It looks quite yellow in the pictures but I think my lighting and camera's white balance went insane. Lol. It's standard white goat hair color in real life. I like it for foundation but I see it working well for contouring, powder, blush, highlighting, and etc. It definitely looks like a multi-purpose brush to me. :) 

This is my go to foundation brush when I have a quite a bit of time to get ready. It does take a bit of time for me to buff foundation into my skin because I buff very lightly using just the tips of the bristles. But I have the time, I use this because it gives such a nice finish. It's the airbrush finish that damp beauty blender would give but with more coverage. I absolutely love it. 

The brush itself feels very well built. It's got some weight to it which I like. The bristles smelled a bit at first but it subsided after few washes. It does shed a bit when I am using it with thicker foundation but I am talking one bristle in every two uses. It washes and dries really well. All I really need to do it shape it a bit before I let it sit to dry, and then it keeps its shape really nicely. No crazy splaying out business. Really a nice brush!

Royal Complexion Brush
Royal & Langnickel Silk Pro Complexion Brush C185
royal complexion brush
Royal & Langnickel Silk Pro Complexion Brush C185

I know that it's hard to find a good natural bristled brushes for liquid/creme foundation but this is it for me! I was happy to find this because it was much more affordable than the similar brushes from Cover FX, Shu Uemura, and Tom Ford. I can't compare Complexion Brush to those since I haven't used them. But I can say that this brush works really well! If you don't tolerate any smell or shedding at all, this is not for you. Again, both issues are very minor. And at the price point, this performs incredibly in my opinion!

Price: 19.99 USD at Royal & Langnickel website
Rating: A-

Comments