Review: Giorgio Armani Eyes to Kill Eyeshadow Quad in 8 Parma

GA ETK Quad Parma 8
Giorgio Armani Eyes to Kill Eyeshadow Quad in 8 Parma
 Second Giorgio Armani product review in a row!! It's that season, and I definitely took advantage of the sales and deals for products that rarely go on sale like GA! :) I got this with my VIB coupon at Sephora. Yes, there's Giorgio Armani at Sephora located at Times Square. :D It also has D & G makeup, so check it out if you can.



Giorgio Armani Eyes to Kill Eyeshadow Quads were recently launched and they look similar to Maestro quads but they are different line. Out of eight shade options, I chose Parma or No. 8. First off the packaging,  their newer packagings are glossy. The quad has magnetic closure and I hope you can see that the shape is a bit wonky. It's not cylinder shape. It's weird but it fits in my storage well with other items so it's all good to me.

Giorgio Armani Eyes to Kill Eyeshadow Quad in 8 Parma
It's double tiered and if you lift up the top layer of shadows, you see these little sponge applicators underneath. I appreciate it because I usually take all sponge applicators out because they fall out every time I try to use palettes. That won't happen with this one so I can keep them in there.


And closer look at the colors. Top shade is is satiny light lilac, and second shade satin light pink. Third is purply taupe with satin finish, and the last is a matte very muted purple. I think the picture shows the last color much more accurately than I can describe. So none of the shades are glittery and that seems to be the aim of Eyes to Kill Quads. Just beautiful satins and mattes.


Here are the swatches. They swatch and apply true to color. :D

GA ETK Parma Swatches
Giorgio Armani Eyes to Kill Eyeshadow Quad in 8 Parma Swatches
 Here's another swatch because a duo almost prevented me from purchasing this quad. Hourglass Exhibition Duo. They are in the same family but as you can see, they are not dupes. Lighter shade in Exhibition has more mauve tone compared to shade in Parma. Also the darker shades are very different.

GA ETK Quad Parma HG Exhibition
Giorgio Armani Eyes to Kill Eyeshadow Quad in 8 Parma Swatches and Hourglass Exhibition Duo on Top
Wear times on these are great! Not as they claim though. With primer, they hold up until I take it off. Without primer on the other hand, it doesn't stand a chance after six hours. But I have had no powder eyeshadows hold up well without a primer so... yeah!

They are on the side of great pigmentation but it wasn't one of those shadows I have to use super light hands with but they do show up beautifully. Formula is great. It's finely milled just like GA blushes. Satins are smoother than matte shade but matte shade isn't chalky or anything. They blend beautifully.

EDIT: The matte shade's texture changed over time. It feels dried out and difficult to work with. Still usable but requires too much effort during application. 

So in the end, I recommend it if you are interested in any of the color theme of the quads. It's definitely high quality product (and high on the price side). It's great but it didn't blow my mind. I maybe being just super picky because the quad before this one was the biggest surprise to me in a good way. ;) I will have the review of the mind blowing quad soon. :) See ya!

Comments