Burberry Sheer Eyeshadow in No.22 Pale Barley and Comparison with Pink Taupe Palette

Burberry pale barley single pink taupe quad dupe
Burberry Sheer Eyeshadow in No. 22 Pale Barley on the left. Burberry Complete Eye Palette No. 7 Pink Taupe
I absolutely love few Burberry eyeshadows that I have, and Pale Barley is the star. Unfortunately, Pale Barley has been missing everywhere. No worries though. I hear from here and there that it's coming back soon. :) Also if you can't wait, I have something similar in the Burberry line to show you. :) Not exactly a dupe but it looks very similar on the lids.

First off, Pale Barley is a shimmery beige brown that flashes gold and slight green in my eyes. The texture is buttery smooth and it's so finely milled that it doesn't collect in my eye folds as the day passes. In other words, no or less creasing. \o/ Of course this one goes on and blends beautifully. Burberry calls it "Sheer." It's not poorly pigmented. It has a decent color payoff. It just has a transparent quality on eyes. That's a another big reason why I am such a big fan of these shadows. So beautifully sheer!

Packaging is the typical hefty Burberry packaging with checkered pattern on the case and on the eyeshadow itself. It looks like metal but I believe it's plastic. Just a nice looking one. :) Please correct me if I am wrong!

Please note that natural light washed out the color a bit. I think the picturea above with Pink Taupe Palette and swatch picture are more accurate.
burberry pale barley
Burberry Sheer Eyeshadow in No.22 Pale Barley
burberry single pale barley swatch
Burberry Sheer Eyeshadow in No. 22 Pale Barley Swatch
This is one of my favorite all over the lid color. Awesome shade. Like I've said, it's a bit difficult to find at the moment but I'm under the impression it will be back soon. But for those of you who can't wait,  I'll suggest an alternative within the Burberry line. It's the corner shade from Burberry Complete Eye Palette in No. 7 Pink Taupe. (Its review is here.) Let me flash you the first picture on more time.



It's not identical but they have similar iridescent thing going on. Pale Barley is a bit darker and more saturated with shimmers than the shade from Pink Taupe. Formula wise, there is a slight difference. Pale Barley is more pigmented and tiny bit smoother. But Pink Taupe shade is not bad by any means. It's still a pleasure to use. It blends just as well and goes on smoothly. It just takes a bit more product to get the same payoff. 

So as far as some sales associates saying that Pink Taupe is made of popular shades, not so much. They might have been inspired but it's not the same shade. I still purchased Pale Barley when I was under the impression that Pink Taupe had Pale Barley in it because 1. Confusion/panic regarding availability and 2. Pink Taupe shade is quite small and I like using that as all over the lid instead of larger two shades.  I certainly don't mind having both. Both shades are fabulous and well loved. :) 

I really hope they are not doing any nonsense reformulating business right now. Hope you enjoyed this review/comparison! Thanks for reading.

Comments