My Foundation Stash Swatches

To share the fact that I have no foundation that matches me and hopefully help others who are on the same journey to find foundation matches, I am posting my foundation swatches. I have a few that is passable, some for mixing, and a few from unfortunate times of thinking that I am NC30-35. Sad sad days, I tell you. 

Anyways, here's my current foundation stash:
Revlon Colorstay Whipped in Buff, Sand Beige, Warm Golden
Revlon Colorstay Oily/Combo formula in Buff and Golden Beige
Revlon Nearly Naked in Shell
Maybelline SuperStay in Sand Beige
Vincent Longo Liquid Canvas Dew Finish in Golden Porcelain
Vincent Longo Water Canvas in Soft Beige
Shu Uemura Face Architect Illuminating Moisture Fluid in 764
Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Even Finish in Beige

Foundation Swatches with Flash

Read on for picture with natural lighting





My biggest problem in foundation matching is that I am warm, warm, warm yellow, and a lot of foundations are not warm enough for me. Shu Uemura is looks most yellow in the bottle but it dries peach as you can see in the picture. :( Bobbi Brown foundation is the most warm yellow when worn but it's a bit darker than my skin tone. Hopefully lighter shades in the range will be it? Or I can invest in a foundation corrector. That's an option too.

Do you have a foundation that matches your skin tone?

Comments

  1. oh yes, i know your problem pretty well - i am very very yellow - and its really hard to find a good match... i have maybe the same amount of foundations in my stash, but only 3 matches perfectly... in winter i waear illamasqua skinbase nr. 6 - this one is perfect when i'm pale (around nc 20 - but mac foundations are to orange for my skintone) - in spring i love bobbi brown warm sand 2,5 (i think its a lot warmer than 3 beige...) and finally in sommer i wear chanel vitalumiere in B 030 cendre...
    may this helps?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! It helps so much. Thank you. I think I'm closer to NC20 at the moment. I've looked at Illamasqua Skin Base back when I refused to wear fdns that aren't med/full coverage. Lol. I've warmed up to sheer ones so I will definitely check that out along with other shades in BB. Thanks :)

      Delete
    2. oh, the illamasqua one has quite a decent coverage - i prefer that too:)

      Delete
  2. I am yellow too, my best match is Urban Decay Naked 3.0. Have you tried Urban Decay?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've tried a sample. I unfortunately didn't like it. :(

      Delete
  3. you should try teint miracle mat, lancĂ´me. this foundation is from asian costumers, who are more yellow toned. search about it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment