My Poor Suqqu Eyeshadow M Brush

Update: So they offered a replacement if I ship the brush back (they would reimburse the shipping). Because that's international shipping, a tracked mail is over 40 USD even with the light package weight. I assume the whole point of shipping it back is so that they can examine the brush. Since I've glued the ferrule back on, the brush can't be examined. I felt guilty and wasn't comfortable making them pay over 40 USD just for me to ship the brush back. I told the SA that the brush is functional so I will just keep it. So that's it. I am keeping the brush or purging it. Idk but I have to take care of it and they're not sending a replacement.

Like I've said in the original post, I really really recommend you don't do anything to the brush if you are seeking a replacement.

Woah. I deleted a chunk of content during last update but long story short, the ferrule fell off on my week old Suqqu Eyeshadow M Brush. It happens but it's not easy to deal with if it's international order. And it hurts because it's expensive and new. My bad luck!


If this happens to you with any brushes from serious brush makers, I would recommend not gluing yourself. I think I ruined what needed to me examined and I feel bad. I don't know if it's "acceptable" for an exchange anymore but it's my fault. Damn my impatience.


I'm hoping Selfridges will offer an exchange or replacement but I feel bad about that because I got the glue on the ferrule and handle. I don't know. I will see. I have a half a mind to purge this one and get another one. It still functions fine but I'm just not happy with what happened given the price tag for this brush.

I apologize for not so happy post but this is something to keep in mind when you are ordering from overseas to get this brush or other items. 

Comments

  1. Same thing happened to me with my Fine Kalla M equivalent brush- they responded at once and very kindly sent a replacement. I understand that it is so frustrating though, especially when you know you have to wait long days or even weeks for this to be resolved.

    One tiny advice, that I really don't know if it'd serve you any good at this point, however I'll give it to you: glue only dissolves with gasoline :) If you get a small bottle of clear distilled gasoline from the drugstore/supermarket and wet a cotton pad or a kitchen towel and carefully rub the glue, it'll dissolve and go away in a matter of seconds.

    Marina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's nice of them! I understand it happens with brushes sometimes but what worries me is that I don't know if Selfridges will offer an replacement let alone a exchange. I haven't see gasoline on the things that dissolve super glue. Thank you!

      Delete
  2. Ugh Rachel! This is so upsetting to see. I really hope Selfridges makes it right by you. Maybe tweet the picture to them to get them going. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :( I really hope so. I am going to give them rest of the day and do that. If they don't do anything, I might purge and get another one. Completely unreasonable but it's driving me nuts. Lol. I'm okay with other brushes being imperfect but now this one.

      Delete
  3. This is unacceptable, and at this price, it's a disgrace! I do hope you can get a replacement. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's bound to happen at any price point but it does suck. Thank you! :)

      Delete
  4. Oh, no!!!! This would completely drive me nuts too, especially for the price but also because the quality is supposed to be top notch. Boo. I so hope you can get a replacement w/o having to shell out again for a new one...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're sending a replacement unless I send the one I ruined back, which costs $40. They'll reimburse me but I feel too badly to do that. Such a sucker. Lol. I may have to just get another one. :(

      Delete

Post a Comment