Benefit Box Powder Cheek Powder in Rockateur: A healthy rose gold pop of color

Benefit Rockateur
Benefit Box Powder Blush in Rockateur
My first blush/boxed powder from benefit. It being rose gold and all, I couldn't resist.

Let's get the negative thing out of the way. It's the typical cardboard box packaging with magnetic closure. It's quite bulky. And that's pretty much it for what I don't like about it.

When you first open the product, it has a glitter overspray. I did knock them off with the fluffy powder brush as I will do with any product with an overspray. The product shot below is without the overspray.

The color is a rose gold with a bit more red and pink than what I think of a typical rose gold. The product it self is on the sheer side so it's easy to work with. The formula itself is nice too. Smooth and blendable. But it may not be the best to use it with a loose, soft brush since it is sheer. 

It gives a really natural healthy effect on the cheeks(this color is pretty much what I think of when I think "healthy" blush look) and it's one of those "wear with everything" blush for me. It looks frosty in the pan but it goes on satin. One note though. It does have a tendency to pull a bit red if I pile a lot on.

benefit rockateur
Benefit Box Powder Blush in Rockateur

benefit rockateur swatch
Benefit Box Powder Blush in Rockateur Swatch
I was torn about getting this blush because it looked like it swatched quite warm but it isn't overly warm as it maintains the rosy color on the cheeks. It is a warm color on my warm toned skin but not like burnt apricot color. Rockateur is useful enough for me to wear for consecutive days with different eye looks. It can be used lightly as a natural blush or as a healthy red rose gold pop of color. Love! I think it will look good on any skin tone so do try it out!

Comments