L'Oreal Voluminous Butterfly Mascara in Waterproof

loreal butterfly mascara wp
L'Oreal Voluminous Butterfly Mascara in Waterproof 
Harro! I bring yet another drugstore mascara. I really wanted to try Butterfly mascara for a bit but they didn't have an waterproof version. Fortunately, they recently came out with a waterproof version. :D
The brush is plastic and kind of winged in shape. I am usually not a huge fan of plastic brushes but I do like this one. Very separating and anti-clump. The wing shape fits the right eye but not the left eye unless you rotate your hand to the left side. But I find using it "the wrong direction" makes no difference. 


Now let me flash you the shots of before and after Butterfly mascara.
Just Curled
loreal butterfly mascara wp before after
One Coat of  L'Oreal Voluminous Butterfly Mascara in Waterproof

loreal voluminous butterfly wp before after
Two coats of L'Oreal Voluminous Butterfly Mascara in Waterproof

loreal voluminous butterfly wp before after
Three Coats of L'Oreal Voluminous Butterfly Mascara in Waterproof
Three fricking coats. Three coats! I rarely do two coats because I don't like clumpy look but this mascara builds really nicely. Individual lashes look smooth even after three coats. 

The bad thing about that is that I need to sit there and apply three coats to get enough volume. It adds length and separates lashes right off the bat but adding volume isn't its thing. I am satisfied with the volume I get after 2 or 3 coats but if you prefer volumizing mascaras, this is probably not a good pick. 

Also L'Oreal mascaras usually don't wear very well on me. They are very prone to smudging but this one wore very well. 

This is probably the one of the most separating and lengthening mascaras I have used. It's not a mascara I can throw on quickly and run out the door but I do love the effect after I work on it. One additional note. This is one of those mascaras that gets better after it dries out for a week or so. So don't give up on it too quickly! I am impressed. Do try it out if you like fluttery lash look! 


Comments